Saturday, May 30, 2009

1st Pnemoccocal Jab

Mummy and daddy has brought me to my first pnemoccocal jab a month after my 1 year old birthday. 2nd jab will be 2 mths later.


Before the jab, exploring the toys at the clinic's playing area








Beside jab, DR Simon Ng also did a 1st year assessment..
Mostly asking questions like:
1.How much milk/ solid daily?
Ans: Milk 150 ml every 3 hrly, 2 porridge a day.

Doc suggest for baby my age, 500-700ml of milk a day is very good, for solid, more variety, vegi and fruits.. Doc gives mummy a food list as per below of the 'safe' food and those that should avoid as it may cause allergies.
-> I pass, heee.. :P


2. Able to clap hands and do the bye bye actions?
Ans: Clap hands ok, bye bye occasionally i will do depending on my mood.
-> sort of pass :P

3. Talking? Able to call anyone?
Ans: I can blabber a lot, like mam mam, dada, ber ber, kok kok.. etc, can call da di
-> can pass :P

4. Hearing Test
Doctor stands rather far (about 1.5m) with daddy carying me facing opposite him and he called my name (XiangXiang) very very softly. Doctos saw that I was able to react by turning to the direction of the sound, daddy proved also that i did react when i hear my name.
-> pass :O

5. Physical Test
Doctor starts checking the stomach (kidney ok) and my testicles (not sure why?) and general body check. Asking if I'm able to stand or walk.. Mummy explained that I was able to stand for a few mths already, only this week able to walk unsteadily for a few steps
-> pass :O

Also mummy complained I get rashes easily around the scrotum area, Doctor did have a look and suspect it may be due to fungus (wet). So he prescribed some medicine to apply.

As usual, I was crying buckets of water when the jab was given.. :( While daddy trying to distract and play with me, mummy ask some general questions about my progress, other essential vaccinations and if i need any supplements.. overall my progress is good, MMR is at 15th mth (make sure no allergies to eggs) whereas optional jab like chicken pox jab would be at 14th mth, flu jab also can be taken if wanted.

Doc also advised i may need a Hep B booster jab but will need a blood test to determine.

Worth mentioning is mummy was happy that I already cross the 10kg mark, weighing exact 10kg, 77cm tall and with head circumference of 47cm, all 75% percentile. Finally mummy and a ma work of cooking nice stuff for me works.. hehe..


After the jab, we went to AMK hub..
a pic taken with MR TOMATO..

I could not help but bio-ing him.. hehe.. :O